|HOME :: Contracting Services :: Waterproofing Systems
Key CSI Projects using Waterproofing Systems
Brickell Place Phase II Condominium Owner: Brickell Place Phase II Condominium
Location: Miami, FL
Engineer/Architect: Karins Engineering Group, Inc.
CSI PERFORMED THE FOLLOWING:
- Removed existing interlocking concrete pavers and setting bed at vehicular use area from the guard house through the roundabout, main lobby entrances to Buildings C & D, and at the down ramp.
- Removed existing waterproofing membrane at locations where existing pavers were removed.
- Repaired deteriorated structural concrete after removal of existing waterproofing membrane.
- Removed all existing slate tiles and related setting bed material at the pedestrian use areas.
- Reconstructed existing concrete curbs between vehicular and pedestrian use areas to obtain a minimum height of six inches at face of curbs.
- Provided two ADA compliant access ramps, as specified by the Engineer.
- Modified existing trench-drain at the foot of the ramp to the lower parking area.
- Removed concrete at front entry to uncover existing trench drain, and provide new drain cover for it.
- Repaired existing public sidewalks on both sides of the front entry.
- Replaced existing expansion joints at the top of the ramp, entry guard house, and all walkway joints.
- Installed thin-set veneer brick paver in a basket-weave pattern after cementitious waterproofing was installed.
- Modified planters as needed to accommodate for installation of expansion joint.
- Removed/Rebuilt center planter at top of the ramp.
The first of two phases, this project involved approx.15,000 SF of urethane deck coating on the vehicular ramp, and approximately 12,000 SF of cementitious waterproofing and brick paver installation on the walkways.
With a start date of August 2009 it was substantially completed by February, 2010.
Printer-Friendly One Page Project Summary